This tutorial explains the key differences and simliarites between venlafaxine and desvenlafaxine.
- They are similar in terms of efficacy, pharmacodynamics and side effects profile.
- There are differences in pharmacokinetic aspects and dosing guidelines.
Bupropion, a dopamine norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, is approved for smoking cessation, major depressive disorder and seasonal affective disorder.
The Psychopharmacology Institute website has published an illustrated tutorial on the clinical psychopharmacology of bupropion.
- Mechanism of action
- Side effects
- Dosing guidelines
The Psychopharmacology of Bupropion: An Illustrated Overview
The Psychopharmacology Institute recently published a short summary on the main side effects of SSRIs.
Click here to view: Adverse Effects of SSRIs
This video song will help you to note the differences between Acute Tubular Necrosis (ATN) and Acute Interstitial Nephritis (AIN).
Learn the song and use it as a mnemonic!
This animation on migraine pathophysiology explores:
- Neurotransmitters involved in nociception.
- Serotonin receptors .
- Trigeminovascular system.
- Pain modulation.
- Pain pathways.
Animation on migraine pathophysiology
These three PowerPoint presentations highlight the most relevant issues in the diagnosis, management and treatment of ovarian cancer. They also explore the classifications based on pathology findings.
Ovarian Cancer Treatment & Management
- Ovarian Carcinoma– Signs Symptoms
- Risk Factors
- How is Ovarian Cancer Diagnosed?
- Ovarian Carcinoma Primary Management
- Surgical Staging
- Ovarian Carcinoma Primary Management—Initial Surgery
Screening of ovarian malignancies
- Ovarian Cancer ScreeningT
- Types of Ovarian Tumors
- Epithelial Ovarian Cancer
- Early Detection and Mortality
- Risk factors: Heredity
- Additional Risk Factors
- Delays in Diagnosis
- Diagnostic tools
- Diagnostic approach
- Surgical Evaluation
- Stages Ia, Ib, Ic
- Stages IIa, IIb, IIc
- Stages IIIa, IIIb, IIIc
- Surgical treatment
- Chemotherapy and Radiation
- Why screening for ovarian cancer is so difficult?
- Ovarian Cancer Screening Trials
- Marker Updates – Ca 125
- Marker Updates. OvaCheck
- OVARIAN CANCER
- OVARIAN TUMOURS
- CARCINOMA OF THE OVARY: Risk Factors, Incidence
- Solid Carcinoma of the Ovary
- Symptoms due to Size
- CLINICAL FEATURES OF OVARIAN TUMOURS
- Pressure Symptoms
- DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS
- Complications of Ovarian Tumors
- Ruptured Cyst
- PSEUDOMYXOMA PERITONEI
- HORMONE-PRODUCING TUMORS
- Krukenberg tumour
This video reviews Pseudomonas aeruginosa’s microbiology, clinical features as well as the antibiotics that work against it.
Pseudomonas aeuruginosa USMLE Study Songs